HireCentrix News Updates
While U.S. Senate candidate Linda McMahon has been touting her business prowess building and running Stamford-based World Wrestling Entertainment, the state has been auditing the company to determine if WWE cut costs by improperly using independent contractors in and out of the ring.
"As far as I know, all of the (worker) classifications have been correct or if not they were brought to WWE's attention," McMahon, who resigned as CEO from her family's company in September, said Tuesday in New Haven. "Any kind of audit, a tax audit or whatever ... if you made a mistake, you change it, or if it's fine, you leave it."
McMahon, who is financing her bid for the Senate, said she was unaware WWE was the target of a state audit, confirmed Tuesday morning in an e-mail to Hearst Connecticut Newspapers by a company spokesman.
Federal and state officials have been cracking down on companies that misclassify regular employees as independent contractors, often to avoid paying Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes for those individuals.
"Although misclassification can happen inadvertently, it is more often used to circumvent the law," reads a fact sheet from Connecticut's two-year-old Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee Misclassification.
Hiring Our Heroes Employment Fairs - Ongoing - | NationwideTuesday, 19 February 2013 00:00
Global Energy Career Expo Aberdeen 2013 | Aberdeen, United KindgomWednesday, 12 June 2013 10:00
Gateway Analytics Network : Business Planning & Analysis 2013 | InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, 3315 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326Thursday, 23 May 2013 08:00
Add Your Event for Free | OnlineThursday, 13 December 2012 00:00
Did you know...
The 77 million people that make up the US small business workforce would rank as the 17th most populous country in the world, just ahead of Iran;
Recruiting / HR Jobs
We have 440 guests and no members online
* The Lounge Podcast *
Read More Articles
- Workplace Violence Prevention - Readiness and Response
- “But That’s The Way We Work With ALL THE OTHER RECRUITERS … Why Can’t You?”
- Job Boards vs. LinkedIn?
- Having an Efficient Recruiting Process in Place Makes the Difference between Attracting Star Talent or Losing Them to the Next OfferDuring Peak Hiring Season
- Irrational or Rational? To a meaningless "college" degree
- Under the NLRB’s Newly Proposed Rule, Employers Must Post a Notice of Employee Rights Under the NLRA
- Can Toxic Employees Turn Into Positive Producers?