HireCentrix News Updates
The Impact of the Affordable Care Act
An issue brief funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation as part of its Quick Strike Series considers how employers might react to provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and offers an analysis of factors that are likely to influence their decisions to drop or retain employer-sponsored insurance (ESI).
The Urban Institute authors state that the ACA will leave ESI largely intact, but that decisions to continue or drop ESI will come down to whether employers and their employees stand to benefit more from ESI or coverage available through state insurance exchanges.
The authors contend:
- Better-paid workers remain better off with ESI.
- Employers will likely only drop coverage if most workers would benefit from switching to the exchange.
- Employers are unlikely to drop coverage due to complexities in assessing employees' preferences.
- Employers are unlikely to make decisions to encourage some employees to drop coverage and not others.
The brief examines the ACA's coverage provisions, current tax subsidies and workforce characteristics to identify: (1) which option provides the best scenario for attracting and retaining a skilled, loyal workforce; (2) how employee demographics will influence employers' decisions on offering coverage; and (3) what eliminating ESI will mean in terms of true costs associated with employer penalties and as increased employee compensation.
Get full text or downloads
- Why Employers Will Continue to Provide Health Insurance: The Impact of the Affordable Care Act - Report
- Why Employers Will Continue to Provide Health Insurance: The Impact of the Affordable Care Act - Summary
Publisher: Urban Institute
Gateway Analytics Network : Business Planning & Analysis 2013 | InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, 3315 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326Thursday, 23 May 2013 08:00
Add Your Event for Free | OnlineThursday, 13 December 2012 00:00
Global Energy Career Expo Aberdeen 2013 | Aberdeen, United KindgomWednesday, 12 June 2013 10:00
Hiring Our Heroes Employment Fairs - Ongoing - | NationwideTuesday, 19 February 2013 00:00
Did you know...
The 77 million people that make up the US small business workforce would rank as the 17th most populous country in the world, just ahead of Iran;
Recruiting / HR Jobs
We have 443 guests and no members online
* The Lounge Podcast *
Read More Articles
- WANT TO GRAB THEM BY THE THROAT AND KNOCK THEM SENSELESS?
- Disengaged Workers Aren’t Born That Way
- Best Practices for Online Job Postings courtesy of DOJ Civil Rights
- Are Workplace Ethics Personal? Which Came first – Ethics or the Law?
- NFL Will Strengthen Non-Discrimination Policies For Teams, But Fans Need To Be Targets, Too
- Case Study: Marsh Transforms Itself with Social Technology
- Tabs: The Quick Way to Improve Your LinkedIn Page