Recruiting & Candidate Development
Today’s professional staffing service providers need to look beyond merely compiling resume databases to fill positions. In a time when matching the right person to the right job is critical for clients looking to save money, building talent communities allows staffing providers to not only have the talent on hand, but to build relationships with the talent.
This leads to a better understanding of what their strengths, weaknesses, and needs are. In turn, this leads to more satisfied clients who are matched with talent that meets their company’s requirements.
To build a talent community that reflects your staffing firm’s brand, you can use existing tools that your talent already accesses. Here are the top three ways to cultivate robust talent communities that allow for an exchange of ideas, networking, and improving service to your clients.
- Use your “careers” page as a hub. The “careers” section of your website is for more than just job listings. Use it to communicate and interact with not only potential job applicants, but alumni, successfully placed talent, recruiters, and hiring managers. Consider using photos, videos, testimonials, and other multimedia to give visitors to the page a look behind the scenes at your company. Giving that kind of insight not only helps with brand-building, but also helps talent and hiring managers alike see what is possible by engaging your firm.
- Utilize social networking platforms. LinkedIn groups are a perfect opportunity for professional staffing service providers to create robust talent communities. Many professionals, including job seekers and hiring managers, are already using LinkedIn to find placement or talent. LinkedIn groups have the tools built into the platform, so your firm can easily create a group, start discussions, and encourage online networking and information sharing. Invite alumni as well as current and prospective talent.
- Keep a human touch in your talent communities. Nothing is worse than a community that doesn’t have input from the creator, or — even worse — gets overrun by spammers. Engage members of the community in conversations by posting links to interesting articles on your blog or other sites. Respond to topics created by members. Start discussions on trends you’ve noticed in the industries you serve. By responding to queries and adding to discussions, the community remains under control and humanized. Both talent and clients have an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about what you do, and you learn more about your clients’ needs as a result.
Talent communities might be fairly new, but utilizing them to extend your brand and better serve your clients is essential for professional staffing service providers. Use existing tools and engage in conversations, and you’ll not only provide clients with the best talent for the job, but also attract top talent, retain current clients, and attract new business.
Jesse Ohayon has more than 15 years of experience in the staffing community. As the Vice President of Recruiting for Yoh, Jesse is responsible for all areas of recruitment for the company, including branch recruiters, centralized fulfillment and MSP groups, recruiter training, and the newly-created Federal Services business unit. Leveraging his e-recruitment and Web 2.0 experiences, Jesse brings unique insight to the staffing industry resulting from his fulfillment expertise across a broad array of sectors, including the manufacturing, aviation, pharmaceutical and entertainment industries. Realizing the importance of providing efficient and effective strategies during the recruitment process, he strives to direct recruiting strategies to ensure that each client is matched with the best candidates to fit their unique needs. Jesse is an avid hockey fan and waterskiing enthusiast. He holds a BA in History from York University, and a Six Sigma Green Belt from the University of California San Diego. Jesse currently lives in Philadelphia.
Gateway Analytics Network : Business Planning & Analysis 2013 | InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, 3315 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326Thursday, 23 May 2013 08:00
Add Your Event for Free | OnlineThursday, 13 December 2012 00:00
Hiring Our Heroes Employment Fairs - Ongoing - | NationwideTuesday, 19 February 2013 00:00
Global Energy Career Expo Aberdeen 2013 | Aberdeen, United KindgomWednesday, 12 June 2013 10:00
Did you know...
The 77 million people that make up the US small business workforce would rank as the 17th most populous country in the world, just ahead of Iran;
Recruiting / HR Jobs
We have 505 guests and no members online
* The Lounge Podcast *
Read More Articles
- The HR Department of 2020: 6 Bold Predictions
- How to Get Promoted
- Should Employers Use Arrest and Conviction Records of Job Applicants for Hiring Decisions or Do Criminal Background Checks Discriminate against Ex-Offenders?
- Why I dislike the term “Big Biller”
- This Job is in Your Way
- Respectful Workplace: How to create one
- Employee and Personnel Forms for your business