HireCentrix News Updates
Albany, NY (September 12, 2012) - State Labor Commissioner Colleen C. Gardner alerted all New Yorkers on the growing number of online employment scam promising high salaries for very little work. These solicitations are appearing on social media pages like Facebook and e-mail in boxes designed to lure desperate job seekers.
The Labor Department was notified of this scam by several job seekers who use the Labor Department's Facebook page.
"In these difficult times, with so many New Yorkers desperately seeking employment, the idea of these predators targeting our vulnerable citizens is appalling," said Labor Commissioner Colleen C. Gardner. "These ‘jobs' are not endorsed by the Department of Labor. If you want real jobs, we have them for you. I encourage all unemployed New Yorkers to use our new Job Bank and visit a local One-Stop Career Center."
Some suggestions for avoided these rip-off artists:
- In your e-mails, don't open any unsolicited e-mails or any unscanned attachments, even if the attachments are from people with whom you usually communicate.
- In your Facebook pages and Twitter accounts, don't "friend" recklessly and be especially wary of any unsolicited invitations.
- And never provide personal information except to a completely trusted and secure site.
Remember the old saying - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
And finally, if you feel you've been a victim of one of the scams contact your local law enforcement agency.
The Bob Marshall Group, International : “Excellence in Recruitment Training” | OnlineTuesday, 28 May 2013 00:00
Hiring Our Heroes Employment Fairs - Ongoing - | NationwideTuesday, 19 February 2013 00:00
Add Your Event for Free | OnlineThursday, 13 December 2012 00:00
Click Here to POST JOBS - $45 for 30 Days
All Jobs Cross-posted to
SimplyHired for FREE
US investment in the Netherlands from 2000 to 2010 was nine times more than US investment in China during the same period. US investment in the UK was more than seven times more, and in Ireland nearly three times more, than in China. (Source: Transatlantic Economy 2011
We have 217 guests and no members online
*The Lounge Podcast*
- WANT TO GRAB THEM BY THE THROAT AND KNOCK THEM SENSELESS?
- Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee? Still Confused?
- Christmas, Holidays?? Bah, who needs them? Ban 'em all
- Please Do Not Judge a Book by It’s Degree– The Marissa Mayer Edict Part II
- How Your Business Can Support Family Involvement In Education -- and Benefit