HireCentrix News Updates
In Oracle’s second major acquisition in the past three months, they’ve announced the purchase of Dublin, California-based Taleo Corp for north of $1.9 billion. Taleo’s main offering is a software that manages human resource workflow, and can be delivered over the internet. This acquisition continues the company’s efforts to expand their share of the cloud computing market, a recent addition to the industry, where storage, software and computing power can be provided to the consumer from remote data centers all over the world. Oracle’s purchase of Taleo also appears to be a direct response to a deal announced in December by SAP AG, who plan to acquire talent-management company SuccessFactors for $3.4B. Oracle trails only SAP in the business management software industry, though both companies still trail SalesForce.com Inc, in cloud technology. On the heels of that deal, Oracle reported their fiscal second-quarter earnings, which missed the estimates of industry analysts. Their difficulty in closing some recent deals was noted as a factor in their underperformance in 2011.
Holders of Taleo stock will receive $46 per share, 18% higher than Taleo’s closing price Wednesday.
Click Here to POST JOBS - $45 for 30 Days
All Jobs Cross-posted to
SimplyHired for FREE
US investment in the Netherlands from 2000 to 2010 was nine times more than US investment in China during the same period. US investment in the UK was more than seven times more, and in Ireland nearly three times more, than in China. (Source: Transatlantic Economy 2011
We have 454 guests and no members online
*The Lounge Podcast*
- American Fool, Why The Arrogance-Get Your Facts Straight?
- Justice Department Settles with IBM over their H-1B Hiring Practices
- Be Careful Who You Sue - You May Face an NLRA Claim That Your Employment Agreement's Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure, and Non-Disparagement Provisions Violate the NLRA
- 3 Remedies for the Long-Term, Unhappily EMPLOYED
- SCOTUS Defines "Supervisor" For Title VII Cases as One Who Can Take Tangible Employment Actions